Wednesday 30 January 2013

Wednesday 30/01/2013 (3)

How I Would Advertise Myself

Criteria 4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cannot really think about many ways to advertise myself as a freelancer but these are the things i can think of:

Advertising
• Yellow Pages
• Newspaper
• Flyers
• Posters
• Website
• Social Networking Sites
• Word of Mouth
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yellow Pages
Advertising in the yellow page can be a good idea since pretty much every home has a yellow pages even though most of the time a yellow pages is not touched but sometimes it is

Newspaper
Advertising in the newspaper is a great way to advertise since millions of people read newspapers. People normally skip the things they do not want to read like advertisements yet there is always the chance that someone will see it which can increase chances of getting known.

Flyers
Handing out Flyers... in my opinion is a 50/50.. even more so than most other advertising methods since even if flyers are handed out or even posted door to door most people normally throw them away without even looking at it.. yet like the newspapers there is always a chance someone will see it.

Posters
Hang posters around and maybe get some friends to help with the posters and get them hung up in many different places instead of just a small area.

Website
I believe that websites are an amazing way to advertise your profession and skills since you can write all about the work you have done and post reviews said by previous clients and also you can put some of your work on there for people to look at. 
This can be very beneficial for me, however that is only if people know of my website. If people do not know of my website then it makes it rather pointless.

Social Networking Sites
Be active on Social Networking Sites like Facebook and Twitter and getting my name known so people will learn of what i do and how i do it and how good i am at it. 

Word of Mouth
The best form of advertising in my opinion. 
If i have done good work for a client and they are happy with the result then the chances are that they will ask me if they have another job for me and also that they will tell people they know of me.
This can potentially increase the amount of work i would get as a freelancer. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is just my opinion and my thoughts about the advertising ways i could think of. I tried to do a pro and con for each of them so that you can see how i think about these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment